Friday, April 30, 2010

What is successful?

What is successful?

This question has been floating around in my head for a few days.

Does it mean you have a high paying job with hundreds of people below you? The fastest and most exotic car? Do you work in a job you love, even though it doesn't award you on a financial level, but rather a personal one?

Do you own a 5000 square foot house? A penthouse in your chosen city? Multiple homes in multiple cities? Or just the perfect home, big or small, that reflects who you really are?

Does it mean that you have an amazing immediate and extended family that you can rely on always? Fabulous friends surrounding you? Do friends and family even come into consideration when thinking of success?

Would you be labeled as successful? Or a failure?

Would I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny that you would blog about this. I used to have to make life "goals" for other people. When I did this I always thought about "what is success to them?" Some people it is being rich and all the perks that go with it. To me success is happiness. That's it. I don't know what makes you happy but when you find it I think that is success. Or maybe even a better word would be contentment. When you are at peace with everything in your life, that is success. Who knows, but really at the end of the day it is what is success to you, not everyone else.