Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscars and music...

It was the Oscars tonight!! YAY!! Something I love to watch every year, sometimes it disappoints to no end but tonight was a success. Jon Stewart did a great job hosting I thought, very funny! :) There is only one award I didn't agree with and that was the winner for Original Song - It's Hard Out There For A Pimp. Really? You thought this was the right one? No. No. No. That is all I can say. So happy to see March of the Penguins win - fabulous movie, if you have seen it you should! Best Original Score going to Gustavo Santaolalla for Brokeback Mountain, as well Best Director to Ang Lee was fantastic!! I was sorry to see a few spots go unnoticed for this film but I will survive:) Best Actress to Reese Witherspoon and Best Actor to Phillip Seymour Hoffman was awesome! He is amazing and she is just so darn cute! And Best Picture. Ok...wait for it...Crash. Paul Haggis and Cathy Shulman. Guess what?!? Paul Haggis is CANADIAN!!! GO CANADA!!! :) A great way to end the weekend, watching the Oscars with friends and seeing the awards go to those that deserve it, minus Original Song, but I will get over it soon...

While walking home I was listening to my iPod and thinking about tomorrow. A great song came on and reminded me of something. Matthew Good is good for that. He is calming, and he helps me think and more importantly he quite often helps me focus. "Can't fear fear, fear's the mind killer." I have to go in and not worry, focus on the now. Don't worry, don't be scared. Just do what I have to do.

Word of the day (hehe - we all do this one!):
4. ELBONICS (el bon'iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater.

No comments: