Monday, April 10, 2006

A great weekend!

Had a fantastic weekend driving to Rochester Saturday morning. Had quite an adventure along the way with many pictures, a couple videos (I even took a video while driving, and like Shannon so kindly pointed out I didn't even drive off the road!!), and then exploring. Did a little shopping while we were there (like 10 types of hand cream later, and having to explain to a lady at one of the stores where Alberta is) followed by a great dinner at a burrito place that Luke recommended - thanks again for that!

Sunday we spent quite awhile exploring the abandoned subway (RIRTR) that ran in Rochester from 1927 - 1957. So great!! Kinda creepy at times but very cool. A lot of excellent tags by some very talented people to check out as you walk along. I would DEFINITELY recommend going to take a look if you get the chance!

On the way home, after dropping everything off at home, we had a close call getting the car back to the rental place. We had signed an agreement to bring the car back as close to empty as possible, so that we would get charged a significantly lower amount for gas. When we pulled off the 401 (for the second time after making a slight "OOPS!"), not knowing 100% sure where were are going, the car started to 'ding' at me, and I swear to you, we pulled in on fumes! Phew - that was a close one!

Monday night, after a relaxing day around TO, I am sad to see it all end. I'm pretty sure I'll be a total suck tomorrow morning when I take Shannon to the airport as it always seems like I'm saying goodbye. We had a great time, at least I know I did!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!!! love the pics!!