Monday, April 24, 2006

Tom Wolfe


I just got home from a great evening out to hear Tom Wolfe speak. It was great. He has so many stories, and he embodies that which has been lost over time. A great story teller who has his pulse on the city. He reminds me of days gone by with his stories, the idea of great writers getting together to discuss life and their own stories as old friends do. He told stories of people he has met through the years, friends that have come and gone, stories that made me laugh out loud, as well as ones that made me think. He spoke for just over an hour, and this was followed by a question and answer period. He is someone I could sit and listen to for hours on end. Very enjoyable. I am so glad I took the opportunity to see him!

To close...I found this today, and thought these were 6 great lines to live by:

No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big.
Practice random beauty and senseless acts of love.
Happiness is not given but exchanged.
Truth fears no questions.
Dare to be wise.
Laugh.

No comments: