Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gotta love walking into a conversation...


Well this morning after finding out that my subway route was shut down because of toxic fumes in the tunnels I had to find a new route. There were shuttle buses running from my station but after listening to the news and finding out that those shuttles were filled to the brim I opted to avoid those. So I hopped on the bus and headed to the other subway line. No problems there. Phew! However I walked into the train and into a very strange conversation. I'm not sure what they were talking about, but there were many references to "dead things". Now the strangest thing one said was "I don't know what made it dead, but it was beautiful to look at." OK. Weird. Seriously. It's not even 8 in the morning and I have this to contemplate. What??? "I don't know what made it dead, but it was beautiful to look at"?? This has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever heard!

3 comments:

Allison said...

i heard about the subway thing today on the news (YES toronto news is on calgary news)

interesting conversation, maybe they were talking about flowers?

Luke said...

Maybe they were just talking about a dead part of a town... or a forrest.. devoid of activity.. of life. Maybe a winter landscape. Not everything is about dead people! At least, for you! Right now I'm in the midst of a haunted hotel!

Jen said...

Maybe...but still. Too weird! I have to say though that it's pretty neat that you're in a haunted hotel. I would love to go somewhere like that and explore! Looking forward to hearing more ghost stories!