Sunday, February 05, 2006

Somewhere near Collingwood

Had a great weekend away! Went for one night with my friends Michelle and Jesse to a town near Collingwood. Now – I’m not from here so I can’t remember the name of the town, but I do know that it’s near there:)

Went up yesterday morning to Michelle’s grandparents. A great getaway. Far enough to be away from home and the busyness of the city but close enough so that I could go for one night. YAY!! We played games, watched a movie, watched the hockey game and did a lot of visiting! A needed escape.

Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland! WOW!! We got about a foot of snow. It was wild! Zero snow to this. We weren’t sure if we would be able to make it out. All the snow and wind made the driveway a challenge that had to be overcome – a lot of shoveling and the dealing with the snowplow refilling in the driveway. We made it home safely though by driving slowly and making the needed/prerequisite stop at Timmy’s. We did pass a couple rollovers and counted ourselves lucky that Jesse took his time!

The snow is awesome though. It always amazes me how beautiful it is…this white blanket that makes the world seem fresh and new, crisp and clean. I love snow. I really do! It truly does make me happy.

I will have pictures to come shortly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am incredibly jealous that you have snow...it's definitely a brown crapland here in alberta...i hate it. maybe i should just move out there....hmm.....

Jen said...

That could be exciting if I knew who you were... :)

Allison said...

yep alberta is a nice shade of brown

Anonymous said...

oops!! sorry jen...that was me...cheri...forgot that anonymous isn't my real name...duh....

Jen said...

Hey Cheri!!! I'm so glad you posted!! Talk to you soon:)